Elettra Stimilli - Debt: A Political Philosophical Issue
Canada @ (CA)
The issue of debt and how it affects our lives is becoming more and more urgent. The "Austerity" model has been the prevalent European economic policies of recent years led by the "German model". Elettra Stimilli draws upon contemporary philosophy, psychology and theology to argue that austerity is built on the idea that we somehow deserve to be punished and need to experience guilt in order to take full account of our economic sins. Elettra Stimilli is Assistant Professor in the Department of Philosophy at the Sapienza University of Rome, Italy. She is the author of Jacob Taubes (2004) and The Debt of the Living (2017) and the co-editor, with Dario Gentili and Glenda Garelli, of Italian Critical Thought (2018) This event has been made possible through a collaborative effort between Ryerson University's Infoscape Research Lab, TECHNĒ, Italian Thought Network, Istituto Italiano di Cultura Toronto, York University's Glendon Campus Communications Program, and Laurier University.
- Bitmaker General Assembly:...
- IMN Toronto January Kick Off...
- Python Bootcamp: Level 2
- Greektown & Beyond Wrestling...
- Power of Excel Level 1 - BTM
- Force of Fashion Live...
- DXC Open Spaces
- Hacking Self Hackathon 2019
- KWC Homeschool Field Trip:...
- Ontario Open Badge Forum
- Python Bootcamp: Level 1
- Salesforce Bootcamp - Level 2
- Path to Licensure: A talk w/...
- Naloxone Training
- R Bootcamp: Level 1
- Should Humans Go to Mars?
- TACG Forum: Conservation in...
- Nicole Moudaber and friends
- Salesforce Bootcamp - Level 1
- Tableau Bootcamp: Level 1
County of Canada @